Building Management Systems (BMS) are gaining significant popularity in light of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and corporations’ Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives. The top 10 global leaders in the BMS space are all looking out for creative disruptions in the industry that has been largely stagnant for many decades.
Systems linked to a BMS typically represent 40% of a building’s energy usage; if the lighting is included, this number approaches 70%. 
With the world getting more connected with the success of the Internet of Things (IoT) movement, the criticality of BMS systems is ever accelerating, especially with the vast opportunity values they provide.
However, looking under the hood, most of these BMS systems target facility managers or IT administrators as their end-users. As a result, they fail to implement the bulk of user-centric innovations in the space. They largely depend on complex dashboards with specialized access privileges and trained operations staff to leverage the robust feature set of the underlying BMS — until now.
Speak to IoT has developed an intuitive, natural Voice AI frontend for the BMS space to cater to the needs of regular, non-professional, non-IT users.
Why Voice AI?
Putting a versatile Voice AI layer on top of a classic BMS has many advantages:
- Automation and Ease of Use — People don’t need complicated systems or dashboard access to leverage the power of a BMS
- Operational Expense Reduction — Less training and specialization required to babysit the backend systems
- SDG/ESG Compliance for Environmental Credits — Focus on what matters more instead of how to make it happen
- Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings — Simplistic Monitoring and Automation
- Safety and Security — Intelligent system to help lonely workers in odd hours or secluded locations
- Inclusive Access — Not just the facilities or IT people, but CxOs and ordinary occupants of shared building spaces can access BMS features over voice
- Role-based Access — Not everything is available for everyone in any enterprise/industrial system.
- Multi-lingual Natural Voice Interface — Support diversity and inclusion in the global multi-lingual workplaces of tomorrow.
In addition to providing an intuitive and user-friendly way to access any BMS features, Speak to IoT’s Voice AI platform can be utilized for other enterprise use cases like inventory and asset management, location services, innovative home/office solutions, and much more.
- Medical Staff in a Hospital: “Is operation theater X ready?” “What’s the temperature in patient room Y?” “Where can I find a bariatric wheelchair?”
- Firemen or Emergency Staff: “How many people were in the conference room?”, “Is the second-floor corridor safe?”
- Patient in a Hospital Room: “Reduce the cooling in my room,” “Please call the nurse,” “When is the lunch going to come today?”
- Visitor in a Hotel Room: “Wake me up at 5 am,” “What’s my dry cleaning status?” “Please book a rental car for the weekend.”